Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Fort McKay, AB - Incubator Park and On-site
Schedule: 14 on / 14 off - 12 hour days
Our Total Compensation Package of $67.55-$78.04 is inclusive of:
- Base rates from $58.71 to $67.98
- Vacation pay at 6% - paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- $500 LOA – no waiting period
- H&D benefits
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Base Pay increase available based on performance and progression
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub – Available dependent upon role and work location
Bouchier is looking for a Heavy Equipment Technician who is upbeat, energetic, confident, self-motivated and reliable. We require a technician who performs their tasks efficiently, to the best of their ability with a high standard of quality along with strong problem-solving skills and can work as part of a team or by alone. A technician who is well versed in all aspects of repairs to trucks, trailers and equipment from basic maintenance to engine repairs, electrical and diagnostics.
- Ensures all Workplace Safety, Environmental and National Safety Code Policies and Regulations are being adhered to
- Read diagrams/schematics and manufacturers repair manuals for work procedures
- Operate a hoist and lift device to position machinery parts in a safe manner
- Inspect and examine vehicles and equipment
- Lubricate, service, diagnose, repair, assemble, and maintain vehicles and equipment
- D8 Dozers and down
- 40 Ton Rock Truck/Wiggle Wagons
- 966 Loaders and down
- Highway Trucks and Trailers/Plow Trucks
- Various other pieces of smaller equipment
- Timely and accurate diagnosis and repair including computer connection/diagnosis with machine to identify fault codes
- Keep abreast of changes to industry standards
- Provides guidance and instruction to less experienced, or apprentice maintenance personnel
- Performing hands on maintenance and repairs of all equipment
- Diagnosing electrical, mechanical and hydraulic troubles
- Making repairs according to the manufacturer’s specifications
- Suggest positive changes to policy and procedures as required
- Initiative, diligence and reliability
- Provide training, mentorship and support for Apprentices as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must have a Journeyperson Interprovincial Red Seal Certificate as Heavy-Duty Technician or an Alberta Journeyperson
- Off-Road Certificate is required.
- On highway with CVIP certification is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Able to dismantle and reassemble equipment using hoists and hand tools
- Knowledge and experience operating all equipment for positioning and diagnosing purposes
- Welding/cutting experience is an asset
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work alone & get along well with others on a work team
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Suitable Candidate is found. Typically our postings stay open for 2 weeks.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please